Sunday, July 4, 2010

My Handmade Outfits

Hi guys,

So I've made a few outfits for myself for a weekend away at a dressy event. I showed you in my past posts the work in progress for my vintage inspired floral shirtdress and here is the finished look!

I paired it with a deep red patented belt, patented red pumps, an off white handbag and red rose stud earrings.


So this was the outfit I was most excited about making because I was/am still totally loving the pastel, soft, neutral - kind of nude - colour palette. So the shoes and earrings I featured in past posts as well as the fabric. And voila!! Here is the final look. So the skirt is just your average pencil skirt. The blouse is a halter style top with ties to tie into a bow at the neck. I also added three rows of ruffles to the front. It is a lightweight top with lining underneath.

This is the same look with the cardigan I carried around just in case it got a little chilly.


So I really love this hairstyle and I feel its so summery and goes well with a variety of different looks. The skirt is handmade and I paired it with a button down white ruffle front top I bought. Wore it with silver heels, an off white handbag, silver bangles (with a white one in between) and silver stud earrings. As you may have noticed, I carried the same handbag with all 3 outfits (gasp!) but it was so convenient packing-wise since I was at a hotel in another city and it went very well with each of the outfits.
So I hadn't taken a picture of this outfit but basically I was going out for dinner and just wore a pink tank top, my grey studded cardigan (that you can see in a couple pictures above with my polka dot halter), skinny jeans and heels. And a pair of light coloured rose stud earrings. Here I was just waiting in the car and really liked the glow of the sun beginning to set. I took a couple shots of the area but it was just mainly of the nearby highway which wasn't so beautiful so I won't post those.
Anyway, that's it for today..I am currently working on something new for my etsy shop that I am very excited about. So I will post some shots of that work in progress soon.
Have a fashionable day!:)


1 comment: